Why is Elevate offering Multi-Gig internet?
When we launched Elevate in 2016, we told you we were building for the future. The fiber lines we began installing back in 2016 are the same fiber lines we still install today. Why? Because fiber is a future-proof medium - that's just a fancy way of saying fiber can grow right along with our communities' bandwidth needs.
Until August 2022, our fastest internet speed offered was 1 Gig. And while 1 Gig is still almost 10 times faster than the average speed across the United States, we're not stopping there. Technology has come a long way in the last six years, and the equipment we now install on our fiber network is roughly 10 times faster than when we first started!
Additionally, in 2020 our lifestyles changed. Many people in our communities were sent home to work and transitioned to online tools for communication, project management, and more. Suddenly, fast and reliable internet wasn't just about convenience, it was a necessity. With the increased demand for bandwidth, we knew the way our consumers used the internet was forever changed. Elevate's Multi-Gig internet is raising the bar for fast and reliable internet and providing even more opportunities for consumers work, play, and learn online.
In holding true to the promise of future-proofing our community, we launched 2 Gig and 6 Gig internet for both homes and businesses. We call these plans Multi-Gig.
Who is a good candidate for Multi-Gig service?
- More than one gamer in the home: Keep those downloads fast and no longer compete for bandwidth.
- More than one home office: Large file downloads and uploads will not interrupt video conferences or other work-related tasks for other home users.
- A lot-a-bit of both: Gaming downloads and updates won't affect the your at-home office activities like video conferencing and file transfers.
- Interested in Wi-Fi6e: Next-generation in-home Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi6e) can support multi-gig speeds over Wi-Fi.
How does Multi-Gig internet work?
Our new Multi-Gig services use alternate light waves on the same fiber as our existing network. It's faster because it utilizes the next generation of passive optical technology.
How can you order Multi-Gig internet service?
Our new 2 and 6 Gig internet service are available for homes and businesses across our footprint. Our Multi-Gig services require a slightly different activation process. Here's what you can expect:
- Upgrading service: If you already have Elevate and you'd like to upgrade, give us a call at 844-386-8744 or complete the form below. We will connect you with a member of our network operations team for one-on-one consultation. They will walk you through the upgraded equipment we must install (don't worry, we do this free of charge!) and provide information about how you can get the most out of your new ultra-fast internet. Then, a member of our customer service team will confirm your upgrade and schedule a service call approximately 30-days out.
- Ordering new service: The first step is to find out if Elevate is available in your neighborhood. Click here and enter your address. If you're in an area where our fiber network is fully constructed, you can place your order for 2 or 6 Gig immediately. After you enter your address, just follow the prompts, and you can select your products and sign and accept our service agreement.
Next, we will connect you with a member of our network operations team for one-on-one consultation. They will walk you through the equipment installation and provide information about how you can get the most out of your new ultra-fast internet. Then, a member of our customer service team will confirm order and schedule your service installation approximately 30-days out.
- Multi-Gig business internet: Our standard 2 and 6 Gig internet services are available for business consumers too! We can even provide custom services up to 10 Gig! To upgrade your business internet or switch your business internet over to Elevate, contact our dedicated Business Representative, Jason Martin today. Email Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-240-6884.