Network News – September 2023
Elevate is expanding its 100% fiber network into many new areas over the next few years. We're working hard to bring fiber to every corner of DMEA's service territory so all our community members can access the nation's fastest and most reliable internet. Read on for our monthly construction progress report.
Our network construction is complete, and Elevate internet, TV, and phone service recently became available for residents in the following zones:
- NEW – Greater Gunnison Gorge 3b – South Davewood Road area as of 8/8/23
- Greater Gunnison Gorge 7 – Government Springs Road area as of 7/25/23
- Greater Gunnison Gorge 4b – South of Solar Road as of 7/6/23
If you're unsure if your home is in one of these new areas, check out our online map. You can also quickly search your address at elevateinternet.com to find out whether service is available at your home. Enter your address and hit GO!
Service coming soon
We are in the final stages of constructing our fiber network in the following areas.
- Greater Gunnison Gorge 11 – Crawford area – Service coming 9/5/23!
- Reconnect 2 Zone 3 – South of Delta bordering HWY 50 – Service coming 9/19/23
We are currently building our underground and overhead fiber optic network in the following zones. During this phase of construction, our crews will be trenching or boring for our underground cables, and the ground and dirt will be disturbed within our rights-of-way. Crew members will also use bucket trucks or climb power poles to complete overhead line construction.
- Reconnect 2 Zone 4 – West of Delta
- Reconnect 2 Zone 5 – Southwest of Delta
- Reconnect 2 Zone 6 – Southeast of Delta
- Greater Gunnison Gorge 11b – Poison Springs: Construction scheduled to begin September 2023
Pre-construction includes the prep work that may need to be completed on DMEA's electric grid before Elevate can install fiber cables. This work includes tree and vegetation management, pole replacements, moving equipment or wires, and installing fiber equipment throughout the community. The length of time it takes to complete pre-construction can vary significantly. The following areas are currently in pre-construction.
- Reconnect 2, Zones 7 – 11 – All remaining portions of our Reconnect 2 project are in pre-construction
- Greater Gunnison Gorge 9 – Bostwick Park area
- Greater Gunnison Gorge 10 – Cimarron area
Grant funds awarded
Elevate, in partnership with our parent company, Delta-Montrose Electric Association (DMEA), has had the honor of receiving almost $56 Million in state and federal grants to help build our fiber network to some of the most rural reaches of our territory. Below is a list of areas we have secured funding to build, but work has not yet begun.
- East Mesa
- Reconnect 3
- South Cimarron
Please view our online map to see where these areas are located!